If you are participating in FamilySearch Indexing, please make sure all your information is correct. By providing this information, you are better able to receive the proper help and support.
You can log in to the Web site and have yourself assigned to the correct stake--or, in the case of a community volunteer that is not LDS, a local stake--so that you can get help locally from a stake indexing director. To be assigned to a stake, use the steps below:
- Go to http://indexing.familysearch.org.
- Click Sign In in the upper right corner, and enter your user name and password.
- Click Sign In.
- Click on Edit at the bottom of the screen.
- Click in the Group or Stake field.
- Type in the name of the stake that you would like to be a part of.
If you aren't sure what the official name of the stake is, you can type in the name of the city, state, or country and scroll through all the options for that locality. If you see several options for the locality, the correct stake does not seem to be in the list, or you are not sure which would be the correct stake, contact FamilySearch toll free, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mountain time at 1-866-406-1830 for further help from Indexing Administration.
- Select the desired stake from the drop-down list by clicking on the stake.
- Click Save.
If you would like to contact your stake indexing director or group administrator for any questions you might have, you should:
- Log in to the indexing program.
- Click on Help.
- Click on Support.