Remember, not only is genealogy research helpful for improving and expanding our own records. It is also very important to share our findings with others.
It is so much easier to gather family history records when the research work has already been done. When you've finished gathering information, share it with others so they don't have to do the same searches that you did.
With internet, it is so much easier to share information:
- email documents and web finds
- post/reply to forums like RootsWeb and GenForum
- upload family tree on sites like Geni.com and Ancestry.com
- creating a blog or website using sites like WordPress, Blogger, or Weebly
- iCloud: http://www.apple.com/icloud/
- SkyDrive: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/skydrive/home
- Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/tour
- GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/start#home
- SugarSync: https://www.sugarsync.com/
Don't hide your finds in a shoe box in the back of a closet. Make sure it is accessible to relatives across the world-wide web.